Friday, February 25, 2011

The Proposal.....................Finally


PG-13

Yeah, I know.  You've already seen it.  Unless you are like me.  I am so busy watching stuff nobody has ever heard of, so by the time I get around to the ones everyone is watching it is old news.  But on the off chance you haven't seen it, here we go.

This is the perfect movie for one of those night where you really don't feel like thinking about anything.  It's fluff but enjoyable fluff.  Margaret Tate is so busy building her career in a large publishing company that she forgets to take care of those little things, like her visa (It's fluff people just roll with it).  Then she comes up with the perfect solution!  If she forces her assistant to marry her, everything will work out just fine.  Apparently these characters have never seen the movie
Green Card but what the heck.  

HEY WAIT!!  Look!  The posters aren't even that different.  Hmmmmm..........  So while the characters may not have seen Green Card the folks who made the movie, almost certainly have.  

Now back to business.  Attractive guy, attractive girl, comedic relationship tension, and Betty White.  All you need is a ginormous Coke and an even more ginormous bowl of ranch popcorn (air pop the corn, coat with melted butter, sprinkle with Hidden Valley Ranch powdered Salad Dressing mix.  You won't regret it.) and you are good to go!


Things to know before viewing


1) Betty White is a hoot but you knew that.  Mary Steenburgen and Craig T. Nelson are also along for the ride.


2) I like Ryan Reynolds' character very much but I'm not quite certain what all the brouhaha is about him.  He's cute but he's not THAT cute.


3)You can't not like Sandra Bullock.  


What about the kids?


My kids watched it but it is PG-13 and there are some sexual references.


Currently available on Netflix Instant Viewing and on DVD and Blue-ray


3 1/2 Stars- "Liked It" (plus)


I think I need to go re-watch Green Card.  I have referenced it two or three time in the last couple days.     


7 comments:

  1. I really liked this pic. Seems like there is some nearly nudity as well. I remember thinking that Sandra Bullock looks great! :-D

    ReplyDelete
  2. There was a shower but I was thinking everything was covered. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  3. I could swear I remember nudity in The Proposal. Anyway, I haven't seen Green Card, but I wasn't enthusiastic about The Proposal.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I enjoyed that for a pure fluff, chick flick kind of movie. There *was* a scene with both main characters totally naked, which is part of the rating. Sandra Bullock uses an arm and washcloth to cover her boobs and crotch.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like "The Proposal"--great fluff. I first saw Ryan Reynolds in "Waiting", which, by the way is not really appropriate for anyone under 21. *I* enjoyed "Waiting" since it reminded me of my time spent in my teens/twenties as a waitress. I digress. All that to say, I like RR--he looks good with his shirt off.

    I think you see his naked butt briefly in the shower scene. I'm ok with that. :)

    Thea

    ReplyDelete
  6. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I enjoyed "The Proposal" but Ryan Reynolds is always a little (too) over the top for me. Sandra Bullock was interesting in this role. My film prof (head of the dept) has made a few snide comments about her and I resisted the urge to compare "My Man, Godfrey" which we saw in class yesterday with "What About Steve?". He might drop my grade to a B. ;)
    @Thea-- I need to see "Waiting"--apparently the director came out of my film school. They keep talking about it and the poster's everywhere.

    ReplyDelete