Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Kidnapped..............24(esque)

 Kidnapped
NR

First, to the cast.  Timothy Hutton and Dana Delany are both known entities so I will leave them at that.  Jeremy Sisto, the main character, was new to me but I liked him.  When I checked him on IMDb he has a long line of guest appearances and the a credit as "Elton" in Clueless.  Somehow I have never seen Clueless, so you will have to let me know in the comments if Elton is a minor or major character.  My favorite member of the cast is Delroy Lindo.  He is one of those actors you think you don't know until you look him up and discover he has been in a million things you have seen.  Anyhoo, he was in a near perfect specimen of manliness.  I first saw him (that I remember) in a film called Wondrous Oblivion and he won me over as life long fan of his acting skills. I will include the poster for that one here just to help you remember it cause it is worth a viewing.

Now to the show at hand.  Kidnapped.  It is a bullets flying, twisty turny, badge flashing hoe down.  If you like 24, you will dig this too.  Though to keep this on the up and up, I should confess that I have only seen a couple of episodes of 24.  It kept me guessing until the end and I am a good guesser on these kinds of things.

What to know before viewing

1) The gore factor is high.  I grew up on a steady diet of action adventure films and this had me flinching more than once.

2) Timothy Hutton is surprisingly thug-gy here.  I confess that I am not a particular fan and have not really followed his career closely but I have him type cast in my head as the Ordinary People kid, who is decidedly not a thug.

3) As I have been writing this blog, I have discovered that I have a frightening amount of knowledge about movies and actors.  There is no real reason for this to be in the "before viewing" section, I just wanted to say it out loud.

4) Coming back in to add a number 4 because I intended to say this from the start.  Be warned.  It does leave with with a mild cliff hanger. Nothing like the barn burning cliff hanger that Flash Forward left us with (darn them) but it was clear the writers expected a season 2.

What about the kids?

No.  Check number one in the section above.

Currently available on Netflix Instant Viewing and here

4 Stars- "Really Liked It"

For those who read my last entry, I wanted to let you know that Green Card is not available on Instant Viewing.  BOO!

1 comment: